Bobz GSM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- coz' TEAM WORK runs to our veins!-

You are not connected. Please login or register

jailbreaking history :)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1jailbreaking history :) Empty jailbreaking history :) Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:09 pm

bobzter

bobzter
Developer
Developer

What Is Jailbreak iPhone? Everything You Need To Know Explained

You may be wondering and hearing alot on “What Is Jailbreaking an Iphone? How do you do that?” Jailbreaking is basically modifying the iPhone’s firmware so that you can get access to the internals of its operating system and install a whole slew of third-party applications on your iPhone that are not otherwise available through official channels.

Jailbreaking your iPhone in and of itself doesn’t normally make much difference in your operation of it, but it does allow you to install other third-party applications that are not blessed by Apple.

You may have a lot of questions in mind and below are some of the answers.

1. Why would I want to Jailbreak your iPhone?

It lets you do everything from customizing the look of your iPhone to installing third-party applications and customized ringtones on it. Depending on how far you’re willing to go, you can do even more than that: Jailbreaking even lets you to unlock your phone so you can use it with a carrier and other service provider.

1. I want to try jailbreaking but is it safe?

Yes! if anything happens to your device all you have to do is connect your device to your computer and restore it using iTunes.

1. Can I still use all the functions available to official users?

Yes, appstore, itunes, phone, calculator and everything can be used. Jailbreaking only adds an extra icon called cydia.

1. Before I jailbreak, should I restore my device?

Yes you should, you might not have to, but it is best to do so in order to reduce errors during the jailbreak process.

1. Does jailbreaking the iPhone void your warranty?

The answer to this question is mixed – yes and no. If you send your iPhone into Apple for service and they see that it has been jailbroken, they will not service it. If the iPhone incurs physical damage and is not operational, they would not likely be aware and therefore service the iPhone. You could also restore the iPhone before sending it to Apple, thus returning it to a non-jailbroken state and therefore your iPhone would be serviceable by Apple.

1. How do I install applications from Cydia?

Once your iPhone is jailbroken you will need to use Cydia to install applications. Cydia allows you to find applications by name or search by category type.

1. How do you get themes to work when you jailbreak your iPhone?

Once the iPhone is jailbroken you will need to download Winterboard. This application can be downloaded by opening Cydia and searching for the term “Winterboard”. Once you have downloaded Winterboard, you may then download themes and install them on your iPhone. Open Winterboard to select and apply the specific theme which you desire to use.

1. Is Jailbreaking the Same as Unlocking?

No, these are 2 different things, although to unlock your iPhone, you usually have to jailbreak first. As noted above, jailbreaking an iPhone lets you install third party applications and mods on it, while unlocking allows you to use your iPhone with a different carrier

1. Is Jailbreaking Easy?

These days, jailbreaking is becoming more and more easy. Usually, you just need to download a piece of software, plug your iPhone in, and run the software. There is no specific knowledge or skills required.

Customize your iPhone today!

You might still be a bit hesitant but with the right software program, you don’t have to worry anymore. It’s fast, easy to understand and cheap. You can do it in minutes!

https://bobz-gsm.forumtl.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum